Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 10 Snorkeling

Today we went back to Turtle Rock Island, Shark Ray Alley, and Hol Chan Channel. We took 5 fish counts total.  It was a great day to be on the water, it was sunny and calm.  I didn't really see any new fish that I have already seen, but we saw tons of fish today.  It was a really great snorkel.  The water around Turtle Rock Island was kind of murky because the water was so calm and warm that the plankton population exploded.  All the plankton made the visibility lower than usual.  At Shark Ray Alley there were 23 sharks behind the boat waiting for the chum.  Some of our group actually saw two reef sharks.  Lynn and I went looking for some geocaches during the afternoon, but we did not find any.  It was disappointing because they had travel bugs in them that we could have brought back home.  Packing tonight and heading home tomorrow.  I am sad to leave, but ready to go home and analyze our data.  The first thing I am going to do when I get back is drink some ice tea.  I will post our data later and upload many pictures when I have better internet connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment