Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 6 Dry Day

Today was our day off from snorkeling.  We went to the city and explored.  I visited lots of local shops and tried to find souvenirs for everyone.  Today was sunny and very humid! I was dripping sweat all day long.  First, we went into a store that was similar to our mall.  They had all types of clothes, furniture, and appliances.  I even saw some abercrombie and fitch and hollister shirts.  We also stopped for ice cream, and I had a scoop of Belizian Fudge, not fudge, it was kind of like caramel and peanut.  It was really good.  Then we met up with the rest of our group for lunch.  I had a hamburger and fries.  Which is really good because all we have is beans, rice, and chicken everyday.  It was kind of weird because when we sat down there was the most beautiful cat that was sleeping by our table.  (In the restaurant!)  When our food came he wanted us to feed him, but he was already well fed so we didn't.  We walked back to the research facility to rest for the day after lunch.  It was nice to have a day off from snorkeling.  I like snorkeling, but it was nice to be dry (somewhat). 

No comments:

Post a Comment